With this stunningly easy recipe, you can treat your whole family to a sweet breakfast of coffee and doughnuts, all made in-house. You just need a few basic ingredients and a bit pot to cook ‘em in. Honestly, the only part that might trip you up is the frying element, particularly if you’ve never worked with hot oils before, but with the right equipment it can be very easy!
- 16 grams fast rising yeast (about 5 teaspoons or 2 envelopes)
- 1 cup water, warm
- 3 tbsps sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- cooking oil
- In a large bowl, mix yeast, water, and sugar. Let stand until the yeast dissolves and bubbles.
- Add egg, butter, cinnamon, vanilla, salt and flour, and mix to form a dough.
- Roll the dough out onto a floured surface and cut out your doughnuts. Let them sit until they have risen; it should take about 30 minutes.
- Heat up your oil in a large pot to a temperature of 390 degrees Fahrenheit. Once your oil reaches the right temperature, fry your donuts until they’re golden brown.*
- Remove them from heat and coat them in a mixture of cinnamon and sugar (or any of your other favorite toppings).
- Let them cool, and enjoy!
*Note: For more tips on heating your oil and deep-frying food, check out “Deep Frying 101: How to Achieve Crispy Golden Perfection.”
And here are a few more exceptionally Yummly donuts for you!
Related Searches on Yummly:
Photo Credits: Anchors and Lemonade