What better way is there to celebrate National Coffee Day than with your very own homemade pumpkin spice latte? Some people wait all year long to get one of these bad boys in their hands, but with this recipe, you can fulfill your craving whenever you want (and save some money) by making it yourself! Plus, now that it’s pumpkin season, you’re bound to have a tablespoon or two of leftover pumpkin sitting around! Use it up in style by fixing up one of these drinks.
- 1/2 cup milk (whole milk is best, but any should work)
- 1 tbs pumpkin puree
- 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice*
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup hot brewed, strong coffee
- 2 tbs half & half cream
- 2 tsp sugar (or more to taste)
- whipped cream (optional)
3 tbs ground cinnamon, 2 tsp ground ginger, 2 tsp nutmeg, 1 1/2 tsp allspice, and 1 1/2 tsp ground cloves!
- Brew your coffee. Meanwhile, combine the milk, pumpkin, 1 tsp of sugar (brown or white), pumpkin pie spice in either a pan or in a microwave-safe bowl. You can warm it on the stove over medium heat (whisking constantly), or you can microwave it for 1-2 minutes, watching it closely so it doesn’t spill over. Both ways, you shouldn’t let it come to a boil.
- Pour your coffee into a mug and pour the pumpkin spiced milk over it. Add your half and half cream and the rest of the sugar (to taste).
- Enjoy it as is, or top it with a little whipped cream and pumpkin pie spice!
Photo Credit: Food Fitness Frolicking