Crunchy and salty or smooth and creamy, peanut butter is always a winner. It’s melt-in-your-mouth sweetness is perfect paired with jelly, draped in chocolate, or even just eaten by the spoonful. And for peanut butter lovers everywhere, here’s a bit of news that should make your day: it’s shockingly easy to make at home too! All you need is a food processor, a container to hold your finished product in, and a handful of ingredients!
- 2 1/2 cups of salted peanuts
- 4 tablespoons of vegetable oil (or to taste)
- 2 tablespoons of raw sugar or honey (or to taste)
- Pour your peanuts into the processor and grind them to a fine texture.
- Add your oil and continue processing until the mixture is fully blended.
- Drizzle in your honey and continue processing.
- Scoop out your mixture into a jar and store it in the refrigerator to let it set! If you keep it airtight in the fridge, it should last up to two months.
Tips and Tricks
- For crunchier peanut butter, you can process the peanuts less finely, or add in crushed peanuts afterward.
- Experiment with your ingredients! Try roasting your own unsalted nuts and adding salt to the mixture later, or using honey-roasted nuts instead of salted. You can also use 1/2 a teaspoon of sugar instead of honey for a different kind of sweetness!
- If your peanut butter turns out a little too hard, just add a little more oil and mix it up again until it’s the texture you want.
Related Searches on Yummly:
- Peanut butter cookies
- Chocolate peanut butter bars
- Peanut butter pie
- Peanut butter milkshake
- Fudge peanut butter cheesecake