Semantic Recipe Search Platform Lets Users Add Their Own Recipes, Search by Holiday, Create Menus, and Take a Yummly Taste Test on Facebook
Palo Alto, CA – November 11, 2010 – Yummly, the company that is pioneering semantic recipe search and recommendations, wants to spark your culinary creativity and make your holiday meal planning go off without a hitch this Thanksgiving. Extending its feature-rich recipe search platform, the company today unveiled ‘Add-a-Recipe,’ which enables users to upload and publish their own recipes. Yummly also launched new features that deliver one-stop holiday menu planning, as well as a Facebook Taste Test application. Yummly’s easy-to-use recipe search engine can please even the pickiest of palates, reducing the time and eliminating the guesswork associated with finding holiday (and everyday) recipes that meet your and your dining companions’ tastes, dietary restrictions and nutritional preferences.
Feast your eyes on Yummly’s latest features:
- Holiday Recipe Search: Cut to the chase with ‘Holiday Recipe Search.’ New and traditional accompaniments to your Thanksgiving spread are just a few mouse clicks away: simply check the box next to your holiday of choice and, faster than you can say “turducken” or “tofurkey,” hundreds of tantalizing holiday dishes will appear. As always, you can further refine your search based on your—or your family’s and dinner guests’—tastes, dietary and nutritional preferences to ensure results include only foods you and yours will love.
- Menus: Move over Magellan. Now Yummly lets you chart your own culinary adventure with ‘Menus.’ Map out your dream dinner party menus or chart the course for your Thanksgiving feast. Yummly’s Menus feature lets you architect your next cooking adventure, no matter how big or small, like a catering pro.
- Add-a-Recipe: Your pumpkin pie recipe yearns to be famous and your grandma’s epic stuffing recipe is far too precious to leave languishing in your old recipe box. Yummly’s ‘Add-a-Recipe’ offers you a better way to save, organize, publish and share your favorite recipes and preserve family traditions and make them accessible from any location. Add-a-Recipe replaces overstuffed folders, scraps of paper in drawers and boxes of dog-eared cards with your very own digital recipe “look-book.”
- Save for Later and Save to Share: You’re on a mission to find something great for dinner, but those tantalizing cheesecakes and crème brûlée recipes sure are tempting, and… oh! That lasagna recipe would be perfect for Mom! It’s hard to ignore the endless possibilities when you’re fishing in Yummly for meal ideas—and while you may not be ready to commit them to your Favorites, you don’t want to throw them back in the pool either. Yummly’s two new bookmarking options—‘Save to Share’ and ‘Save for Later’—will help keep you on task and let you save the gems you find along the way. Think of it as an extra thumb in your digital cookbook. Simply select the ‘Save’ button and organize your finds into editable Save to Share or Save for Later lists, where you can share and store your recipe discoveries.
- Taste Test: Now you and your friends can get your Yummly fix without ever having to leave Facebook. From mac and cheese to spicy favorites, decadent desserts to tasty vegan dishes, the Yummly Taste Test app lets you receive recipe recommendations tailored to your tastes within Facebook—the possibilities and choices are delicious.
“Thanksgiving is the ultimate dinner party, so we’ve released our latest features in time to make holiday meal planning less stressful and a lot more fun,” said David Feller, founder and CEO of Yummly. “It’s our way of giving thanks for the thousands of people that have made Yummly their recipe search and cooking tool of choice. We are grateful for their input, suggestions and support as we build in the functionality that people really want.”
For mouthwatering recipe ideas or to start planning your own ultimate Thanksgiving or other holiday dinner menu with Yummly, sign up for free at www.yummly.com.
Founded in 2009 by foodies on a mission to invent a better way to find, modify, share and store recipes, Yummly is the world’s first semantic recipe search and recommendation platform and a premier destination for cooking enthusiasts of all skill levels. Yummly empowers individuals to find and customize recipes based on their personal taste, nutritional and dietary preferences. The site aggregates more than 500,000 of today’s most popular recipes from leading cookbooks and cooking websites and is fully integrated with Facebook.
Find out what’s cooking at Yummly: visit our blog: http://www.yummly.com/, connect with us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/yummly, or follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/yummly.