- ½ lb. ground pork (not lean)
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 1 (1 ½-inch) piece peeled fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar (not sesasoned)
- ½ teaspoon Asian sesame oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon white pepper
- About 30 wonton wrappers, thawed if frozen
- Chicken stock
Stir together pork, yolk, scallions, ginger, soy sauce, vinegar, sesame oil, salt, and white pepper in a bowl in one direction with your hand until just combined (do not overwork, or filling will be tough). Fill all wrappers by placing a rounded teaspoon of filling in the center of the square. Brush water around edges and then fold corner to form a triangle and enclose the filling. Press edges firmly to seal.
Bring the stock to a simmer, add the wontons and cook about 3 minutes until filling is just cooked.
Recipe courtesy of Gourmet.